Tuesday, May 27, 2008

WFMW- Kids' Bathtime

Hey y'all! This is my first 'Works for me Wednesday" post. Thanks for having me in!

When my kids were little I was paranoid about bath time. One of us was always within reach of the boys-like all parents should be. However, as the boys got a little older and just being in the room would work, I got bored. Really! How many nights can you play bubbles? Once they were washed, I was done. But, of course, they were not. My boys LOVED to play in their bath. This is where the tips come in...

It really worked for me to:

  • clean out the cabinets and drawers- refold towels, throw away old whatever that was shoved way behind everything else.
  • pluck my eyebrows.
  • sort laundry.
  • give myself a mini-facial.
  • scrub the toilet or shower.
What else can you come up with?

Head on over to Rocks in my Dryer and find solutions to your questions- or maybe some answers to questions you didn't even know you had!

*PLEASE REMEMBER! These tips worked when my kids were older, I never left the bathroom, and I was always able to see them and monitor their play and safety. Just sayin'.

9 comments:

Nicol said...

Lol! This was my WFMW post last week and worth repeating. I find it is a perfect time to clean the bathroom (everything except for the tub and floor) or do my hair and makeup. I bathe my dd in the morning so it is a great time to get ready without Miss Grabby Hands getting into everything.

A Mom Two Boys said...

I sit on the toilet and drink wine. :0)

Susan said...

Good tip. When my boy is a little older, this seems like a good time to clean the bathroom.

Anonymous said...

Love doing that, without cleaning the bath while they soak in the tub...well it may never get done. GReat tip

Ginny said...

Great tips! I love to read. If my daughter is chatty, I just bring in a magazine instead of a book. That way the articles are short.

Tara said...

I definitely clean.. the bathroom.. ect.. My son has the most stalling tactics when it comes to getting out of the tub!!

Lauren said...

Totally! I love to clean the bathroom as long as we're in there.

A mom two boys...not a bad idea!

Unknown said...

You are so productive! I get bored too-sitting on the toilet drinking wine while reading a book is more my style!!

Cathy said...

I sit on the toilet and read magazines or check out things on the internet. But I really should clean up in there while the older one plays, I suppose.