Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Works for me Wednesday- Summer Dessert

This is the best summer dessert ever. Really. This is my go-to when I need to take dessert for a party, over to a friend's house, any time. It is very light and no fat!

You need:
One angel food cake, sliced
Berries (Here I used blueberries- you can use whatever berries look best at the store- mix them, or not.)
For the sauce: plain or vanilla yogurt, one regular size cup is enough for about 4 people.
Brown sugar- Add 2 tablespoons of or so, more if you want it to be sweeter. You can taste it as you go. It is better if it sits for an hour or so, just mix well.

Just layer all yummies on the plate and enjoy.

And don't feel guilty if you go back for seconds.

That is all. I now return you to your regular WFMW blog reading!

11 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

And so PRETTY too!!!

The BIRTH day blogs have begun over at my place. WHOOO HOOO

(aka "there's a reason why I'm up this early during summer break!!")

amy turn sharp said...

yummy for sure! I am making this!!!

Tracey said...

Looks amazing...I'll have to try it.

Sam said...

For a little bit healthier sauce, I'll suggest honey instead of the brown sugar, because lots of those flavoured yogurts are sweetened as well.

But I agree, it sure sounds and looks delicious. :)

I can't find my blog said...

Sam- you're right, but as you know I've gotten to using the 'purest' stuff I can find- no HFCS, etc. and I love the flavor of the brown sugar with the berries and yogurt.

What I failed to mention in the post was that you can also use melon- honeydew, cantaloupe, etc. Equally as yummy!

Sam said...

Ah, yes, the taste of brown sugar. :)

I like your "modifications", too!

Anonymous said...

Lovely and easy idea to use. This is m=y menu for when company comes next week. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, that's sounds fabulous and easy! Thanks for sharing!

Tara said...

Now that looks YUMMY!! lol Thanks for sharing!!

PamelaMKramer said...

That's it! I'm hungry now. Mean thing to do to us pregnant ladies. LOL

{sue} said...

I made this today for July 4th (and used strawberries and blueberries) ~ it was a HUGE hit! Thanks for a great recipe!