Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Eternal Truth

Not only am I behind on most of my life, but I just found a magazine that I bought in December. It was buried on a chair under a few coats that I haven't worn all month. A Women's Health that promises a flat belly in 2 weeks.

I'm already working on that. Ahem.

Anyway, I found the coolest thing on the very last page and wanted to share it with you all. These are truly eternal truths. (Huh?) Don't we all try to teach our kids this stuff?

8 Eternal Truths We Can Learn From Tykes:

  1. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Even when there isn't a prize in the box.
  2. Your world can be half-real and half-imaginary. (Blogging anyone?)
  3. If there's even the slightest doubt, hit the potty before you leave.
  4. Homework blows. Bring work home with you and it'll ruin your night. And your marriage.
  5. There's a reason they don't give credit cards to 8-year-olds. You're supposed to save up for a new toy.
  6. The coolest adults are the ones who listen.
  7. Adrenaline is the greatest drug.
  8. Rain isn't something to curse but to enjoy. Hurry up before it clears.
Courtesy Women's Health, December 2008

Don't forget to enter the giveaway-you can enter once a day until Friday!

Headless Mom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved this! I'm always feeling like I should try to model myself after my kids versus the other way around!

J said...

Beautiful!!!

RIGHT ON!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a few of those down...but not all. I need to do some learnin! :) Thanks for the reminder!