I think I've started this post a thousand times (OK, maybe only a hundred,) and then stopped.
Who really wants to hear about my Christmas? Yeah, that one where I've been cranky and all 'Bah Humbug"-ish. (And thanks to Headless Dad, acutely aware of how bitchy I've been, thankyouverymuch. That helped!) (I hope the sarcasm was not lost in the translation.)
Things that have happened include, but are not limited to:
- a bloggy friend losing her dad.
- a irl friend telling me that her husband has cancer.
- another irl friend being hospitalized.
- sitting in my house for 3 days waiting on the new tv to be hooked up properly instead of being out shopping.
- my dad being sick, and me being 1,000 miles away and not able to help my mom.
- discovering PathWords on Facebook.
- me being 100% paralyzed-well, at least as far as writing goes. (Hi BlogHer Ads! I'm back!)
So, in the spirit of the new year, I am sharing my goal for the year.
No, I'm not vowing to lose more weight. Although, that would be great. I'm going to stay the course on that one-exercise when I can, eat well. Maintain, lose if I can. Simple. I made being healthier the priority the last 2 years and it has become a part of me, who I am, what I do. I'm proud of that, but it's not the new thing any more.
My goal for the year is to spend the first part of my day-5 minutes minimum-reading my Bible.
This will take care of a plethora of problems. First, giving your day to God is the best way to get through it, no matter what this life and this world can throw at you. Second, I have a lot to learn. Third, I have a lot to share with all of you, and being well read will hopefully make my little observations more rich-the only kind of rich that matters.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:1-3
And, it should also take care of that little problem that Headless Dad so delicately pointed out. Don't you think?