Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Quickie

I wanted to get a few things out before I forget.....

I got great suggestions about scheduling! Thanks you guys! I'm already starting to implement some of the ideas and I'll be back with the new and improved schedule soon, complete with links to some great posts/ideas for staying organized.

We have dodged the scheduling bullet so far-all sports and practices are on different nights. However, we have one team to add, and unless they are having practice on Sat. and Sun. (which won't happen), I'm going to have some scrambling to do.

I've been thinking about Facebook. It is really weird. It is really fun. Jenn said it best: "All of my worlds are colliding on Facebook" and it's kind of freaking me out.

Pathwords is a cumulative, acquired skill, which is easily lost if you don't play for a day or 2.

The stimulus package has my head about to explode. Don't get me started. Especially on our state budget. If you haven't heard, the state of California is, literally, 2 weeks from being out of money. No paychecks for state workers, no income tax refunds. And the bailout money? Gah! I'm going to have a heart attack just thinking about it. I guess that's why you don't hear me talking more about it here.

And that chick with 8 babies? By in vitro? With no father? I say make the doctor who implanted that many embryos financially responsible. And if ONE PERSON OR ORGANIZATION GIVES A PENNY TO HER FOR THE STORY THEY SHOULD BE SHOT. (Figuratively, of course. I'm not a freak.) I hope she doesn't get a dime. It would be paying her for her stupidity, and that's just stupid.

So. There you have it. A whole lot of nothing-but thanks for listening anyway!

Headless Mom

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

whew! that was a lot to get off your chest :) I totally agree with you about the 8 babies....I'm so over the mass multiple births.

Keetha Broyles said...

This is what I call a "soap box" post.

I bet you feel better now!!!

Tracey said...

I am appauled by the woman with the 8 babies...I wouldn't read her book, watch her show or anything...not a dime for her stupidity...exactly!

Marie said...

The woman with 8 babies ? Me thinks there is quite a story behind that one. Just my humble opinion.

kyooty said...

I think mom of 6+8 got all caught up in John and Kate +8! It just doesn't seem like a very safe way of doing things. I wonder if she was a suragate that ended getting dumped at the petri dish?

Rocks In The Wash said...

Ha! I've been thinking it; and I'm glad you said it!

What life is she going to give to those children...?

Anonymous said...

Amen Sista! :) Well said!

Anonymous said...

OK, out from under my rock...WHAT? There is a woman with 8 babies??? No father? This is why I don't watch TV!

and, you know I love Facebook! Did you see that a friend of ours from elementary school?? I'm having a ball reconnecting!