Remember that little cookbook that I'm in? Yeah, over there in the sidebar?
I looooove it! My latest find is Stephanie's Salsa Chicken. Oh my. So awesome. And versatile!
6-9 boneless, skinless chicken thighs. (or use breasts of equivalent weight)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup white corn, frozen
1 1/2 cups chunky salsa (use 2 cups if you use breasts or you want a more a liquidy sauce)(Yes, that's a very foodie term.)
Toss it in and go. Low 6-9 hours, or high 4-5. If your chicken is frozen you might want to make sure that your cook time is on the longer side. Use a fork to shred the chicken before you serve.
- you can serve this over rice or with tortillas
- you can add sour cream (1 cup) or cream cheese (1/2 block) during the last 30-45 minutes of cooking.
- Diced avocado was amazing on this as a garnish (HD and I each had a half of an avocado on our bowl of rice and Salsa Chicken.)
- or try shredded cheese
- or serve as a topping for tortilla chips
- the leftovers were possibly even better than the original batch
- I also think that if you want a little extra zing you could add a 4 oz can of green chiles.