Sunday, September 19, 2010

Just Curious-Pet Peeves, Part 4

You guys have sure had some frustrating retail experiences! I think that Sara's response was close to mine: a cashier that ignores the fact that a line is forming and doesn't acknowledge the other customers...or direct them to the closest open checkout line. Or they don't ask for help when they obviously need it. My other pet peeve is obviously looking for a specific product, i.e. shoes, and the sales people look at you like you're bothering them and still don't ask you if you need help. (I'm looking at you, Dick's.)


Onward, my curious friends. This week we're turning our attention to the evening news. Specifically, what things do newscasters do that drive you nuts? Is it an outfit? A hand gesture? An often used, gramatically incorrect phrase? Let us hear it!
Headless Mom

4 comments:

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Open their mouths...:)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm the party pooper today, I don't watch the news.

Pearl said...

It has to be the fog--make that filter--that is used on Diane Sawyer. You can barely see her through it--why does she stand for it? Or sit for it? or...whatever...

I know it's not a mannerism or phrase, but it drives me batshit crazy.

bernthis said...

what makes me nuts is how they describe everything so that it seems it will kill you in some way or turn a windstorm into a freakin tornado.