Monday, September 13, 2010

Sweet Tea

Back in my 20's, single and having the time of my life, I lived in South Carolina. My group of friends traveled from city to city on the weekends, partying at the best bars, seeing live bands, eating breakfast at 2am, and passing out on couches and chairs.

One of my favorite spots was the Windjammer on Isle of Palms. This is where I first saw the band Cravin' Melon perform. Come to think of it, I think that is also where I saw Hootie and the Blowfish for the first time, but that, my dears, is a love story for another day. I saw this band countless times, and each performance was better than the last. I suppose I was a groupie of sorts.

If you're not familiar with the sweet tea from the south, then you may not 'get' this, but every time I hear this song and this album I'm transported to a time where my biggest cares were making it to work before 9 am, which bar I was going to watch Monday Night Football in, and making sure I had enough cab money in my pocket.

"Don't tempt me,
I'm where I wanna be,
Cuz on the 8th day,
God made sweet tea."



Sweet Blossom


(Forgive the quality of video and sound on these clips...they were recorded live from the audience. Just close your eyes and imagine holding a lighter in one hand and your beer in the other and you'll get the feel of a Cravin' Melon live show. Thanks to eddielaurie for my trip back in time!)

Headless Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anything that reminds you about those carefree days is worth embracing! Don't you just love the feeling of being flashed back in time, even if it is fleeting?!