Monday, January 3, 2011

Pepsi Refresh Project

The Pepsi Refresh Project is starting up again and I am super excited to announce that there is now a project that I'm behind.

A local friend and pastor started a small ministry at his small church that makes a BIG difference. Actually, I happened to be there when it started.... Let me start there.

Last fall we went to visit a church because a friend had just been named their new head pastor. One of his big goals is to be real and relevant in his community; to let the community see the church working among them and making a difference. During church once a month he sends the church members out in teams to do special projects. That first Sunday there were about 4 teams: one to go to the hospital, one to hand out bagged lunches in local parks, one that I don't remember, and one with quarters and laundry soap to head to the local laundromat to do laundry. That was the group that I was in.

At first the people were skeptical. Who are you and why are you trying to do my laundry? But we knew that we were doing the right thing. Luckily, that first day we were able to help about 10 families to get their laundry done for free!

Have you been to a laundromat lately? Yikes that's expensive! And if you are stuck using the laundromat in the neighborhood that we were in, the money that you're using could also be some of your grocery money for the week, too. It's been such a success that they want to expand the laundry program in the coming year.

That's where the Refresh Project comes in. Pastor Jason's "Love Through Laundry" project is up for voting as of today, January 3, 2011, at 6 am EST.

HERE'S WHERE YOU CAN HELP:

Go To RefreshEverything.com and vote for "Love Through Laundry".  Remember, you can vote once a day, so please remember to do so!

Share this project/post on Facebook and Twitter! Please help me get out the word to hopefully win this thing for the people in my community.

(Since I'm writing this on Sunday night all of the links aren't ready yet. I'll update them in the morning if I can/need to.)

UPDATED: This is the link to go directly to the Love through Laundry page. Vote! Pass the word!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! for your help with this! Spread the word!

Headless Mom

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a great idea! I went over and voted.

kyooty said...

psssssssssst rolls of quarters.

I signed up, darn it another password to remember