Over on my Facebook Fan Page, (community page? blog page? what are those crazy kids calling it these days?) I asked for questions for me to answer/write about over here. The lovely Mary of Kyooty Center was the only one who responded, so Instant Gratification for her!
Who are you pulling for in the Super Bowl?
Yikes. I was wondering when someone would ask. As you all know, I'm a football freak. Now that it's not on tv and talked about for 20 hours a day I'm going through some serious withdraw. Sundays are a vast wasteland of wandering from room to room muttering "Tebow. Orton. Romo. Ochocinco." And on and on.
I have a deeply psychotic way of choosing who I cheer for in a game that I do not have a favorite team in. Let's examine the facts for this game:
- I like Aaron Rodgers and Clay Mathews. They're good guys and Clay is a play-maker. That's exciting to watch whether you like the Packers or not. Charles Woodson is no slouch either.
- GB beat the snot out of the Bears and Jay Cutler 2 weeks ago. Any team who can take Jay off the field is good by me. Pussy.
- Ben Rothlisberger is a douche, but Troy Polamalu and Hines Ward more than make up for his douchbaggery.
- The Steelers also have a player from my alma mater, Aaron Smith.
- Unfortunately, I can't even judge this one on something as
shallowmeaningful as favorite colors. Green and black are both on my favorite color palate.
- Green Bay fans wear cheese on their heads. Awesome.
- Steelers fans wave towels. Equally as awesome.
- If either team were in the game, playing other teams, I would more than likely be pulling for one of these teams.