Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer Fun



Thanks to SUBWAY® restaurants for sponsoring my post about summer fun with my kids. Check out the Kids Eat Free program at any LA area location! Just purchase any two subs, two sides and two drinks, and you can get a kid’s meal FREE!

(Side note: That there is a great deal. Perfect for nights when your family is on the go. But I digress...)

*****

This has been one of the best summers for family activities for us. It actually began back in May with a trip to Las Vegas. Traveling with the kids has gotten so much easier now that they are a little older. (Believe me, moms of toddlers, it really does!) Remember that I got us passes to Knott's? Going somewhere, even for a day, is so nice!

In June, we were able to go out to Lake Havasu with some friends. Now, while not totally cost free, it was a pretty inexpensive weekend for us, and the benefits were immeasurable.  Especially when my kids got to do this:


 And see this:
London Bridge, Havasu, AZ
And do this:
Karaoke, FTW!
Getting out of the house isn't all that we did, though. We had lazy days too. Some of the best evenings were spent throwing the football around in the backyard after dinner with Headless Dad. We also took in a few movies and got to go fishing with the cousins! Learning to cook a few things has also been a highlight of the summer for my kids... scrambled eggs and ramen noodles, anyone? (It's a start, right?)

School has already started and the lazy days of summer 2011 are behind us but I can honestly say that this has been a great summer for family activities around the Headless household. Now, how many days until we get to do it again?

*****

I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.

Headless Mom

3 comments:

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

My two favorite days of the year: first day of school and the last day of school. Sounds (and looks) like you had an awesome summer, my friend!!!

kyooty said...

oh now that looks like a great summer!!! :) I love me some Subway. I just hate paying for it. :p

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad you had such a wonderful summer. The boys are also at a great age for remembering a great summer like this.