Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday

I'm pecking this out on my phone because about 6 months ago I instituted a 'no computer' policy on Sundays. I'll have to go into that further another day, but to get my post in today and not get 'caught' by the kids, this will have to to.

What I really want to talk about is Sunday sermons. We've been in Mark for the last couple of months, and today we were in Mark 14 talking about the way that Mary broke the flask to anoint Jesus with perfume (among other lessons from this passage.) I found it interesting that the men were admonishing her for 'wasting' what was worth a year's wages when they were the ones that were the apostles. Jesus said, "She has done a beautiful thing to me." Some day I hope that Jesus can say that about me.

What was your sermon about today? What was one of the take-aways?

2 comments:

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

Hey, loving the new digs, your blog is looking awesome! I also try to disconnect on weekends but seem to be tethered to my phone. I blame blog friends, with really awesome blogs, like you ;)

kyooty said...

I was in a different world yesterday. I missed 1/2of what was said,and 1 boy got a timeout in sunday School.