Friday, November 30, 2012

This is the Fat Lady Singing

  • I wish my blog had some sort of word counter so I would know how many words I've written this month. Renae just posted on Facebook that she has completed NaNoWriMo-that's 50,000 words for those of you that don't know. Fifty thousand. Well done, Renae!
  • I just read through Fussy's NaBloPoMo, and the funniest post was actually before November started. "I also wanted to grow up and be a Playboy bunny" about made me spit out my wine. I don't know if I've ever shared her here, but Eden is an icon in the blogging world. Start with that post. She is a spotty post-er but well worth the wait.
  • I really had no intention of turning this into a linky-love post so I'll stop now. 
  • Semi-finals in football tomorrow. In the rain. None of our teams has ever played in December before and this year we have two! Go Saints!
  • Then, on Sunday we get to be proud parents of a pianist. Variety, y'all.
  • I tried to start my master December To-Do list today and failed miserably. I did however get most of the laundry done, so I guess it's a wash. Heh.
  • I have only one Christmas decoration out so far. My goal is to have the house clean (or at least picked up,) and all of the decorations (that are going up,) up by Monday, Tuesday at the latest. It's a lofty goal, but one that's achievable. I think. Of course, I'm only one person, so we'll see.
  • I got the go-ahead to call an electrician to finish the bathroom lighting installation. Melisa, I think I was right. 1 year won't be too far off.
  • Oh! The other goal is to get all/most of my shopping done, online, this week. There will be a few odds and ends that I'll have to complete later but I'd love to have the bulk of it done by Friday. That means a list. And a conversation with HD. But you all know how much I love this stinking machine, so hopefully I'll be able to say I'm done by Friday. Is that realistic?
NaBloPoMo, check.

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I believe you CAN make your decorating goal - - - I got mine finished up this morning, and it is SUCH a relief to know it's done.

I'm enjoying it.

And as you know - - -I WILL be enjoying it all the way into January and the NCAA National Championship bowl, 'cause that's when the holiday season ends for moi.

ttfn

Anonymous said...

Wow. I just pulled up my blog reader, for the first time in days, and the very top post had my name in it! It was trippy. Thanks for blowing my mind just a little :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Congratulations for completing your NaNoWriMo! I need to make some lists and get my shopping done online too. Also have to purchase some gift cards in person and get those out of towners done!
See you Tuesday.