Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It Doesn't Feel Like Summer

The kids have been out of school for a week. With baseball games still on the calendar, the cool marine layer keeping the sun away for most of the day, and vacations still a few weeks away, it doesn't feel like summer yet.

I gave the boys a week of no schedules, unlimited Xbox time, no nagging by mom about most anything. Today I began the summer requirement of 1 hour of reading before any electronics. Since they slept in, that meant that they were still reading until close to lunch time! One of my summer goals is to get their rooms cleaned out, so I will be spending about 30 minutes per day with each one of them cleaning out a bookshelf, drawer, or the like, until it's done. 30 minutes shouldn't feel like too much, right? Slow and steady should win this race.

Let's hope that we can apply that philosophy to my bedroom and bathroom, too. But I digress.

The biggest project of the summer will be getting this wedding planned. HG's mom came in town over the weekend and we were able to get THE dress. Take my word for it, it's beautiful. (I'll share after the ceremony. We can't let the groom see it!) We've looked, and googled, and had appointments. We've manipulated numbers. We've hemmed and hawed.

And yet, we still don't have a date, venue, or a church. We are getting close so that's something. Once that's done we'll be ready to move on a bunch of other things. Bridesmaid dresses, dj, flowers, decorations. You know. Everything.

Hope the beginning of your summer is going swimmingly-and by that, I mean that you are actually swimming! ;-)

1 comment:

Rocks In The Wash said...

Hope you don't mind, but I'm living vicariously through you in planning the daughter's wedding since I only have boys. Can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures!