Tuesday, August 27, 2013

It's a Small World

In another tale from the Virgin Islands....

While I was gone on our vacation I posted as much as I could on Facebook. I had promised my parents, daughter, and some friends that I would, and it actually makes it easier since you then don't have to sit down and go through all of your pictures with people that will find it all boring anyhow. A picture here and there is perfect, yanno? Anyway, I was 'checking in' all over the Virgin Islands because we had not been sure of our itinerary before we left and that way my parents could 'follow' what we were doing.

I have a friend, "J" that is living on the other side of the world in Japan. She checks Facebook a lot to keep up with her family and friends that live in the States and in other parts of the world. While I was posting about being in the Virgin Islands she had another friend, "A" (actually a stepsomethingorother,) from the eastern US, that was also posting about being in the Virgin Islands. Weird, right?

It gets more weird. Get this:

On Tuesday we were having lunch near The Baths on Virgin Gorda and ended up trading cameras with two couples that were lunching next to us so we could get shots of our whole groups. We ended up chatting with them a little and that night ended up in the same harbor where we chatted again. The next day we ended up at Bitter End. (Read my previous tale about Bitter End here.) I had 'checked in' at Bitter End. So had A. J messaged both of us saying that it was weird that we had both checked in at the same place. I quickly messaged back both of them with a description of our group without looking at A's profile. When I did, I realized that A was in the group that we had been running into all week!

We ran into their group through the rest of the week and A and I got to know each other a little. If it hadn't been for J, a half a world away, we might have missed that fun connection.

It was great meeting you A!

I love social media. 

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Now that is a great story! I love when "It's a small world" happens.