Friday, October 18, 2013

The Let-Down

There is something about big events that get the adrenaline rushing for days or weeks and then, just....

nothing.

I don't know whether it's an actual biologic response or just imagined, but somehow my body knew that I did.not have time to be sick for the month prior to the wedding. As you may have guessed, within 3 days after- BOOM! I came down with the crud. Chest-y, sinus-y, ache-y. Yep, I'm a mess. Thankfully I'm the only one that has it (so far,) and kudos to Headless Dad for helping out this week. Or, more specifically, not giving me crap about the things that are not getting done. Like grocery shopping or laundry or ironing. For some reason these people that live here like to eat and walk around not naked. Huh. Who knew.

*****

For the first time ever I forgot my blogaversary. On October 1st, I've officially been blogging for 6 years. For some people out there, that probably sounds like an eternity but I have friends that have been blogging for over 10 years so I still feel like a baby. Although, I'm not sure that my less-than-regular updates can qualify as blogging anymore. Nonetheless, I still feel as though I have something to say. Whether anyone reads it is an entirely different conversation....

*****

After I ditch this crappy feeling I'll be back with wedding posts. You're really going to want to see it. Unless we're friends on F@cebook then you probably already have. Eh, oh well. I'm trying to gear up for NaBloPoMo in November. I guess I really am a glutton for punishment. (Is that how the saying goes? I'm so hopped up on Mucinex to think straight.)

3 comments:

kyooty said...

I think you are right about the letdown. I think it's the same feeling we get when our kids are having a crisis, we go and go and go and then we break? I hope you feel better soon.

Lesa said...

Hope you feel better soon. I look forward to posts on the wedding.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry you haven't felt well but you were in high gear the last few months. Feel better soon! Happy Blogiversary!