Saturday, November 23, 2013

Bucket List

Last night at dinner HD and I started a conversation that I'm sure is going to continue for years. He asked me what we were going to do when our youngest goes to college in 6 years. 6 years is not a very long time. 6 years ago we had a senior in high school and one starting kindergarten. It will go so fast-I've been there. We certainly didn't come up with a complete "Bucket List" but we got started. Here are a few of the things we talked about:

  • Travel: Paris. Rome. Motor home trip: through the whole US, to Alaska. Or a lodge trip to Alaska. A boat up the Intercoastal waterway on the east coast. Golf in Ireland. Costa Rica.
  • Learn to golf.
  • He wants me to catch a fish.
  •  Concerts: Jimmy Buffet (again,) Elton John.
  • (It's not very long, I know. Lame.)
 Have you and your spouse talked about this? What are some of the things you want to do? I'd love some ideas to add to our list.

I also said that we need a hobby. What kind of things/hobbies do couples do together? Besides exercise-type things (hiking, biking, etc.,) I can't think of any. Which is sad, really. We need to come up with something that we both like to do that we can do together, that will continue to interest us.

So tell me. What is on your joint bucket list? What hobbies do you have as a couple?

2 comments:

Sam said...

Travel is on our joint list - Maine, Europe (probably Paris). More Hawai'i. :)

We don't have couple hobbies, though. There are a couple of shows we watch together, and we do enjoy our Disney vacations (although I'm fairly burnt on Disney parks at the moment). But I know couples who are photography buffs together, or Disney nuts, or into geeky stuff like comic books. Or maybe scotch tasting, or cigars. I could see you & HD becoming experts on those last two, but I don't know how you feel about either of those. :)

That's an interesting question/discussion. I'll have to bring it up with Alice sometime. :)

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

Would love to RV-it across the U.S., too -- once the kids are out of the house, of course ;)