Friday, November 14, 2014

Solar Powered

When I was a college freshman at the University of Tennessee I learned a valuable lesson. It isn't good for me to go too long without seeing the sun. It was actually the primary reason for leaving Knoxville and moving home. I liked UT, my sorority, the Copper Kettle (ahem), but I just couldn't get past the lack of sunshine from November to March. Not to mention that I was only 18 and not mature enough to get over myself, already.

Living in the west for most of my life I haven't had to deal with too many cloudy days in a row. 1 or 2 is about the most that either Colorado or California have before the sun breaks through. Not that it's necessarily warm, but if the sun is at least shining then I can make it. I don't mind the cold as long as there is a sun in the sky making it at least seem warm.

Therein lies the problem with this week. I don't think we've seen the sun since Sunday. Maybe Monday? Either way, that is 4 or 5 days, which is DOUBLE the number of days that I'm used to having without seeing the sun. When you're solar powered that isn't enough.

3 comments:

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Ick. I feel for you. I puffy heart LOVE the sun!!! :)

Ann Woodruff said...

So funny. This made me laugh out loud. No wonder you get so much done, we have sun EVERY.STINKIN.DAY.HERE!! Maybe you need to power down for a few. Take it easy.

kyooty said...

sounds like a majority of Canada. I've grown up with it so i don't feel it that much but i've seen it effect others. Sun is fabulous even when bouncing off the snow.