For only the first time this NaBloPoMo I'm stealing from Melisa. Last year, (or was it the year before? they all run together after a while,) I used her ideas a lot. She recycled this Fun Facts post from a friend and I'm totally stealing it.
- I was in our elementary school talent show at least twice. Once with a disco dance to (crap, I can't remember the name of the song,) with my best friend Kristie. The other was a dance to 'Charlie Brown' (the 50's version) with Kristie and our other best friend Judi.
- I've been getting my nails done, almost continually, since 1985.
- When I was a child I wanted to be either an elementary school teacher or a flight attendant. I was, at some point in my life, pretty close to both. In college I was an Ed major (until my junior year when I changed to English,) and I got to the second interview, twice, with an airline.
- I have never had stage fright. From a duet in the 6th grade musical, to presenting for Panhellenic Council in college, and beyond, I'm a confident public speaker.
- After working in a restaurant, I'm usually the best tipper at the table. But I also admit to being the biggest critic of the service and if it's really, really bad I'm also the first one to lower the percentage. Only once, ever, have I not left any tip at all, and I made sure that the manager knew exactly why. I don't feel bad about it either. It was hideous service. Bonus: if you make me use the stupid order/payment computers that they now have on the tables? You've just earned a 10% tip. I hate those things.
- For Christmas 1981 I got a Walkman and a Journey tape. We had a lake in my hometown where we would go ice skating all winter long. I had 'figure skating' routines made up to all of the songs on the Escape album. (I wasn't that good.)