Saturday, November 7, 2015

Saturdays in the Fall

If you've been around here for any length of time, you know that fall is my busy season. It started with HG and cheerleading and has continued with a marching band member and a football player. These days are long. Oh so long. But, as they say, the years are short. I wouldn't trade them for anything!


Our day started on the football field. My boy, #73 was the captain today for his very last regular season youth football game. (Oh my word, just typing that is making me teary!) He has played for 7 years, and every season his team has made the playoffs. I am so proud of how far he has come. He is passionate and dedicated to this crazy game. Next year he is off to high school! *sniff*

A little selfie silliness at the game. One of our friends commented on Facebook that he thought that HD was holding up a fishing lure. As if!



Our day wasn't done. Next came a marching band competition. Our kids KILLED it tonight. As a parent who has seen and heard the show a few times, they made a few mistakes, but I think that they were only noticed by us. There was even a portion that I heard other spectators gasp at the visuals that the kids were doing on the field. It is such a great show! (I'll tape again next week and post the video here so you can see it.) I am getting award results as I type... the percussion section got first place! and the overall scores for tonight put us in second place by .2 points. Two stinking tenths of a point. Crazy! We should still be on track to make the finals though. I'll keep you posted!

This day couldn't end without some peel and eat shrimp, crawfish, crab and beer, now could it? Tasty!

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a great day you had. Sure it was busy but these days are precious and worth all the effort involved!