We all need kindness in our lives. We all have, at minimum, a smile to give. But what little things have we received that made us smile? What things do we give that make an impact, small or large?
We all need new ideas in our repertoire. I'm going to share a few of the things that I try to do on a regular basis but this post is about YOU. Please share, in the comments, the little things that you do for others that cost you little to nothing and make the day or world a little brighter for someone else. If we share our ideas, then put them all into practice, maybe, just MAYBE we'll all be happier tomorrow, and the next day, and so on, and so on.
My (not exhaustive) list of smile-inducing things:
- Buying coffee for a friend
- Making my kids blueberry muffins on a random school morning
- Making dinner for a friend/family when they are "in the weeds"
- Giving the homeless guy or gal not just A dollar, but enough for a full meal, or that hotel room that they need for the night so they can sleep well and get a shower, etc.
- Doing a chore for my husband to lighten his load
- Buying a candy bar from the kid selling them outside of the store for their soccer league
- Holding the door for someone
- Letting someone go in front of you at the grocery-whether they look like they're in a hurry or just have a single item
- Write a hand written note to someone and send it by USPS
- Sharing flowers from my garden with a teacher/friend/elderly neighbor, etc.
- Welcoming my children's friends into our home unconditionally.
- Saying hello and smiling at someone who you do not know