I'm sure that you reeeely want to know all of this, but seeing as I've got an hour to wait for the onslaught of 10 year olds, I figured I'd go ahead and post. Ahem.
Liz did this and I'm
stealing borrowing tagging myself. I'm still in post-NaBloPoMo haze. Maybe by Monday I'll have my mojo back.
1. Name someone with the same birthday as you. Carmen's daughter, Emma.
2. Where was your first kiss? On a school-sponsored camping trip for science class in the Shawnee Grasslands in Northeastern Colorado. We were in the 7th grade and both had braces.
3. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else’s property? Not really. I did, however, put stolen (discarded) tires on the goal posts of our high school football field the night before graduation as a senior prank. The logistics of that were impressive.
4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex? Yes, and the besterd deserved it! (Totally Liz's answer, but it totally fits.)
5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? Yes. My first duet was in our 6th grade play. "There's a hole in the bucket," with John W. I also sang for many years with our church worship band.
6. What’s the first thing you notice about your preferred sex? Probably eyes. With Headless Dad, though, it was that he was an amazing father.
7. What really turns you off? People that are inconsiderate. Like when you inadvertently cut someone off while walking through a restaurant? You should really say sorry or excuse me. I could continue with the examples, but I think you get my gist.
8. What do you order at Starbucks? House Blend, with lots of room for cream.
9. What is your biggest mistake? Not buying a large chunk of property in Colorado. In my 20's I could have afforded it, and my husband and kids would love it now. And? It would be worth about 3 times what I would have paid for it.
10. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose? No.
11. Say something totally random about yourself. I can wiggle my ears. So could my mother's father and as a child I thought it was sooooo cool.
12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity? As a child some people thought that I looked like Tatum O'Neal. As a college student some thought I looked like Demi Moore in St. Elmo's Fire. Since I got my glasses last November my husband thinks I resemble Sarah Palin. (Funny....those are just about the same answers as Liz. Hmmmmm.... )
13. Do you still watch kiddie movies or TV shows? I like Disney movies but the boys are not really into them. My favorite was Little Bill, though.
14. Did you have braces? Yes. And I had dental implants before they were common.
15. Are you comfortable with your height? Yes, but I've always wanted to be even taller. My dream was to be 6 feet tall. Um, didn't quite make it.
16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you? My college boyfriend unwrapped Hershey's kisses and hand made new tags for them that had very personal love messages written for me, then wrapped up the kisses again. *sigh*
17. When do you know it’s love? When you can screw up royally, and there is still hugs and kisses and forgiveness.
18. Do you speak any other languages? Nope.
19. Have you ever been to tanning salon? Yes. In college I once bought a "30 dollars for 30 days" package before a sorority formal. Seriously tan for that one.
20. Have you ever ridden in a limo? Yes.
21. What’s something that really annoys you? California weather.
22. What’s something you really like? Rose bushes.
23. Can you dance? I suppose that I can but we haven't been dancing in years, largely due to my husband's back problems.
24. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room? No.