- There are 4 school days left. Mixed feelings. I'm ready, the kids are ready, but other than projects on the house and a couple of vacations I have no idea what my kids are going to do.
- Do people know how to drive? I know I've complained about 4-way stops before. Still a pet peeve. Most recently though are the people who stop at the beginning or middle of a loading zone while there are 100 cars or so behind them trying to get to the loading zone too. Really? Pull forward so 10 more cars can unload at the same time, not just you and your preshusbaybeeeee. Douchebag.
- Planning a wedding: I was serious about that winning lottery ticket, y'all.
- Another pet peeve? People who dress inappropriately for special occasions.
- 2 weeks ago I was within a few miles of all of you that were at Mom 2.0 Summit. I was bummed that I couldn't see you! But HD and I did have a great time at the wedding we attended. Small, intimate, lovely. Plus: hotel room on the water, last minute, for $200. WINNING
- Having my aunt and mom here last week was the BEST ELIXIR EVER.
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Posted by Headless Mom at 11:30 AM
Monday, May 6, 2013
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Last Friday was a big day. It was a day that every girl dreams of. A day that Moms and Dads everywhere have mixed feelings about.
Headless Girl got engaged.
He took her for a breakfast picnic. Something he's done before, but this time he had friends 'lying in wait' for the big moment. Obviously, since there are pictures. She wasn't expecting it to happen on this day even though she knew it was coming 'soon'.
They have been dating for 6 years so even at the young age of 22 and 23 it was the obvious next step. They are both graduating from college next week and somewhere around the start of 2014 they will be married.
I, of course, loved the centerpieces. Who wouldn't love these roses? ;-)
Since they want to get married relatively quickly we're starting to look at locations this weekend if we can. It's exciting and scary and OMG HOW DID I GET OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A CHILD OLD ENOUGH TO GET MARRIED????????
So we are soon to be the parents of a married daughter. Any tips? Suggestions? Words of wisdom? Lay it on me. I have to be able to handle it. It's now or never!
Picture credit: Judi, one of Headless Girl's close friends, took the top two, the roses are all mine.
Monday, April 22, 2013
Where is my cocktail waitress? Where is the valet?