Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ten Questions from Kim

Writing for DDS has been a blast. (Really, there are some great posts there. Some by me, but mostly by a bunch of other really talented and funny people. Go see for yourself.) The best part, though, has been finding a new crop of people to stalk on the internetz. ClumberKim, a new-to-me blogger, tagged me for this meme, and thank goodness she did, since I'm so busy that every time I sit down to write I make a mental To Do list instead. I don't think you all want to hear, again!, that I need to do the dishes and vacuum. Ahem. 
The rules: Answer the questions, come up with 10 more, and tag 7 people (I tagged 10 because I'm a rebel that way.) Easy!


1. What’s your favorite color? Green and Purple. Duh.

2. If you were headed to a desert island and could take just one CD, what would it be? The Jimmy Buffet boxed set, Boats, Beaches, Bars, and Ballads.

3. Ginger or Mary Ann? Mary Ann

4. Cake or pie? Why? What kind? (Yeah, I’m calling that one question.) Cake, because I hate pie as a general rule. My fave would be Angel Food with fresh strawberries.

5. What was your favorite book when you were in high school? Um, I'm old. I can't remember, but I do remember reading all the time. Confession: it would have been a Danielle Steele novel because I devoured them in those years. Not brainiac lit, that's for sure.

6. What is your dream car? Probably a Ford Thunderbird Convertible, in turquoise. Not practical for the carpool, though, unless it was acceptable to stuff a few kids in the trunk. I do kinda like this mint green one, too.

2005 Ford Thunderbird Warranty Research

7. If you had unlimited resources for a service project anywhere in the world, what would you do and where? This is hard. If it were truly unlimited funds then I would probably do a few things: Open free medical clinics in the poorest areas of the Appalachian mountains, provide mosquito nets in the areas around the world that need them, dig clean-water wells for communities. I would also want to help fund Christian missionaries-at home and abroad.

8. Do you speak a language other than English? None. Once upon a time I knew a little French, but a language test during a job interview cured me of that. And I can order beer in Spanish.

9. What is your musical guilty pleasure? Music defines so much of my life. I even worked for a music distribution company in the mid-90's, so it would be really hard to narrow this down. FWIW, I'll say cheesy 80's music, but it's not as much guilty as it is my walk down memory lane and my sing-at-the-top-of-my-lungs-to-embarrass-my-children music.

10. What did you do on your last vacation? Headless Dad, the boys, and I took a few days and drove up the coast of California during Spring Break. I loved that we were able to just get away with no real schedule, stop when/where we wanted to, skip rocks into the ocean, that kind of thing.

OK, now for my questions: 
1- Which celebrity to you want to tell to "Shut up, already!"?
2- What is your favorite happy hour drink?
3- What is your favorite thing to cook/bake?
4- What is one thing that you wish you had more time for?
5- What is the FIRST thing you would do with a jumbo lottery jackpot?
6- What song/artist do you always turn off when it/they come on the radio?
7- What one household chore is your favorite? (Or at least the least hated?)
8- What is your favorite flower?
9- What food do you like that most would say "Eeeeew!" to?
10- Is there something that you refuse to blog about? Why?

For my readers: Play along! If you're here, choose one question above (either the ones I answered or the ones I'm asking,) and answer it in the comments. My blog, my rules.

Who I'm tagging: 
Steph (because I tag her every time)
Deb (because she's my friend and will probably do it)
Issa (because she needs something light! and happy!)
Stacey (because she never does these things and I think her answers will be interesting)
Karen (because I think she needs a diversion from the bump)
Heather (because I think that her answers will be radically different from what they would have been a year ago)
Auds (because I can)
Loralee (because her answers will make me laugh)
Keetha (because she will be coming off of a blogging break soon) 
Carmen (She of the Sisterhood of Suckitude shall have her say...)

(Hint for those who have been tagged: click back through those that have done it before. I got ideas for questions from going back to others that have done it.)

Ready... Go!


Headless Mom

6 comments:

I can't find my blog said...

PS-If you were tagged and do this leave your link here in the comments so we all have a trail to follow! Thanks!

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

Will definitely post this tomorrow! Today, it's BOOBS!

Audrey

Debby@Just Breathe said...

My musical pleasure is Smooth Jazz.
Thanks Headless. I will try to do this by Sunday. I have a tag posting tomorrow.

AmazingGreis said...

The first thing I would do if I won a JUMBO LOTTERY JACKPOT...buy a house with cash!!!

Heather said...

I finally did this. http://www.ramblinred.com/2010/06/better-late-than-never-right.html

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!