This giveaway is now closed.
I am excited to partner with the What To Expect website and family of books for this giveaway.
Not long after Headless Dad and I got married, we started trying to have more children. I was already a mom to Headless Girl and we figured that since we weren't getting 'alone couple time' we might as well have the other children that we had planned for. I didn't get pregnant right away; I think it took 6 months to a year. I devoured pregnancy books during that time, including What to Expect When You're Expecting.
What to Expect is the bible of pregnancy-for women before me, my generation, and every generation of moms since. Originally published in 1984, and with 17 million copies in print, it has practical advice and answers to the questions that every first-time mom has. A friend gave me a copy when she knew that I was trying to get pregnant and I referred to it through both of my pregnancies. Dog-eared and well-loved, I passed mine on to a friend that got pregnant for the first time shortly after I delivered HB#2.
Seeking advice doesn't stop at delivery, though. There are so many changes during that first few years of your baby's life. Diapering and swaddling? Nursing, milk supply, or formula? Sleeping? (Babies sleep? Who knew. Certainly not my HB#1.) With WTE The First Year and WTE The Second Year moms can expect to find answers to these questions, and more. Even with each new child a family has, you'll find something new, so it's great to have these around to reference again and again. And? They make perfect gifts!
The WTE family has grown- more books, the comprehensive What To Expect website, and even apps for your mobile phone. All are dedicated to helping the pregnant woman and new mothers with information from what to eat when you have morning sickness, to diaper rash, to when to take a child to the doctor vs. when to wait it out. While not expected to take the advice of your own doctor, these trusted resources give moms a piece of mind and the camaraderie of knowing that she's not alone. There is always healthy discussion going on over at the What To Expect Facebook Page, and you'll get links to great articles and fun activities when you follow @WhatToExpect on Twitter.
I am giving away 2 copies each of the 3 above pictured books. Yes, there will be 6 winners! Please follow the guidelines below to enter:
- Anyone can enter this giveaway. There are no restrictions on shipping.
- You must leave a comment on this post for an entry. Answer one of the above questions, leave the name of the book that you wish to win, and your email address. Your comment will look something like this: "I loved all of the WTE books and couldn't pick a favorite. I'd like to win What to Expect the First Year for my sister-in-law who is due in December with her first baby. My email is name @ email.com"
- For a second entry you may tweet about this giveaway, then leave me a link to the specific tweet in the comments with the name of the book you wish to win and your email address.
Example Tweet: Win a What To Expect book from @HeadlessMom and @WhatToExpect details here: http://bit.ly/PiwdOS
Comment on this post: "I tweeted! insert your tweet url here I'd like to win WTE the Second year. name @ email.com"
- Only 2 entries per person please. Any more than that will be disqualified.
- This giveaway will run from Monday, September 10- Sunday, September 30 at 5 pm pacific. Winners will be chosen by Random.org and contacted by email no later than October 1, 2012. You will need to respond to my email with your mailing address within 48 hours or a new winner for that book will be chosen.