Yes, I stole this from Carmen. Who took it from Issa. Who took it from Zakary. (Whom I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet. Us Colorado gals have to stick together. Hi!) For the record, I didn't read anyone's list but Carmen's before I wrote my answers.
Like Carmen, my words aren't coming so easily lately so you get this. Some you may already know about me, some may be new. Whatever. I like these, so you get it regardless. There is another one of Carmen's posts that I'm going to swipe, too. Perhaps on Monday. Then maybe my mojo will have returned?
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?No, but my name was supposed to be my cousin's name and my cousin's name was supposed to be mine.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
December 3, 2012. I know because I got a text that I was so angry and hurt over that I cried.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Sometimes. I like it when I'm trying. I remember being in about 4th grade and my dad making me practice at our kitchen table because prior to that my writing was horrible.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?I don't like sandwiches, thus I don't dig lunch meat, either.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?Three. 22, 13, 11.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?I'd like to think so. Although, some people have said, over the course of my whole life, that I'm "intimidating" (whatever that means,) so who knows?
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Not as often as I think it.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
NONONONONONONONONONONO. NEVER. My biggest fear is falling. You know, those nasty dreams where you fall off something really high? Yeah, that will be the cause of my heart attack someday.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I really love plain Cheerios, with no sugar, but I sneak a bowl of the kids Lucky Charms sometimes. They're really good. (I buy them for weekends and holidays. Stop judging me.)
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Yes, if it's my good pair of running shoes. No on all the others.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Most of the time, yes. I have what it takes to get through most sh*t. I am glad that I have a spectacular partner in Headless Dad, who lets me let down my guard now and then when I need to. See also: #2.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
I don't like ice cream, and if my family wasn't so damn addicted to the stuff we would have a bigger bank account and more freezer space because I would NEVER buy it. I will, on occasion, get a chocolate/vanilla swirl frozen yogurt, though.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Hair or eyes.
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Probably that I don't want to quit smoking.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My Grandmothers. Granny passed away 5 years ago (you can read about her in this post,) and my other grandmother who turned 92 this week. She is in a nursing home in Memphis and doesn't know anyone anymore. There are so many things that I wish I could ask them now that I'm an adult.
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
As of right now I have no idea. I thought about it and I still don't know.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Dirty, old blue and white running shoes.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Peanut brittle. Right now, as a matter of fact.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
HB#2 is playing BlackOps 2/Zombies and discussing it with HB#1. The zombie noises are driving me INSANE. NomNomNom
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Purple. Or green. Or maybe orange.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Vanilla, cinnamon, sweaty little boy head (but only my own, thanks. And they're not little anymore.)
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
Very important, but I'm less than vocal with anyone but my husband and a few select friends.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Mountains to live, beach to vacation.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Football. Have you even read this blog before?
27. HAIR COLOR?
Medium brown, but not for long!
28. EYE COLOR?Green
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?No.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Real food, like you would have for dinner. Pizza. Chips and queso. Mmmm.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy, although I can't recall the last movie that I chose to watch.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Can't remember. Maybe Wreck-It Ralph? The last movie I watched that I actually chose was probably in 1996.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?Black tshirt
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?Fall or Spring
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Not a big dessert gal. See also: #13 Cheesecake, maybe?
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?My favorite exercise is walking, if you can call that exercise or favorite. It's what I can tolerate.
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Computer. Unless Days, Grey's, Big Bang, Parenthood or Private Practice are on.
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?THE OBVIOUS GAME by Rita Arens and I can't wait to share it with all of you!!!
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I use a MacBook so I don't have a mouse.
40. FAVORITE SOUND?My children's belly laughter.
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
Contemporary Christian, but I used to work in the music business so I love so so so many kinds of music. Pop, country, early rap, 80's New Wave, etc., etc., etc.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Singapore. Best trip ever. I would highly recommend stopping there if you are ever in Southeast Asia. (What is with all of you saying Maui?)
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I am a good hostess. I'm super clumsy. (Is that a talent? By frequency of which I trip/fall/drop things, it should be.)
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?California
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Buff/Taupe/Tan. Some non-descript beige-y color, but the trim is a lovely dark blue/green and my front door is RED!
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?Green
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?Actually I do. I miss these things going around like every week. And it's a great way to type through blogger block.