Thursday, December 6, 2007

Headless Dad and PMS

I'm trying to find the nicest words possible to get HD to help me a little bit more. Lately it feels like every time I turn around I am taking on more and more of 'his' stuff.Don't get me wrong-he is a great husband, great provider, great dad. He bought me diamonds for our anniversary. He is very supportive of me in most ways. It is this time of year, especially, that I need him to step up a little. He was injured back in September and cannot do a lot of things (heavy lifting, bending) but is there anything from stopping him from supervising the Headless Boys while they take out the trash? Could he take the initiative on that so I don't have to think about it? What about laundry? Not only do his clothes seem to fall where they may, when they are clean he won't put them away unless they are stacked JUST SO. If I put them away I get a 4 am wakeup to ask where they are because apparently I didn't put them away 'right'. He doesn't so bath time (which is now only a supervisory role), or bed time, or reading, or dishes, or bills, or cleaning of any kind. He will unload the dishwasher in the morning and put any other clean dishes away while he's making coffee. He will also iron his own shirts, loudly, in the morning if I haven't done them, after loudly opening and closing every closet in our room to see if I did them and hung them in the wrong place. Because, you know, I do that just to make him crazy-I like to be woken up at 4:30 to have to direct a grown man to his clean clothes, in his own room, in his own house. That's fun.

In addition to all of this, I got my period for the 4 th time in the last 6 weeks. Do you suppose that has anything to do with my irritation today?

Nope. Me neither.

No comments: