Thursday, January 10, 2008

Resolutions, Part 2

Finally!

As I said in my last resolution post, "I want to have a house that is more full of joy than ever before." This has been on my heart for a while, and God really talked to me during church last week. The drudgery of daily life has been getting to me and the rest of the Headless family for some time now. You know, getting up, herding unwilling kids through the morning routine, chores (the kids' and mine), homework, figuring out dinner, bath and bed time. We've all got it-the daily-ness of life. (Totally a word, I promise!)

Two things that Headless Dad has always talked to me about is smiling and raising my voice. He says that I don't do enough of the first, and too much of the second. That isn't an easy pill to swallow but I've finally done it, and I think he's right.

Proverbs 31:26 says "On her tongue is the law of kindness." (NKJV) I think that this is for me this year. Kindness needs to come from me to all the members of my family, and who doesn't get joy from someone being kind to them? (Don't get me wrong-I'm not mean to my family, there is just room for lots more kindness and happiness.)

This is what God put on my heart as my prayer for 2008:

God draw me near-my prayer for 2008 is to bring joy and happiness to my house and family It must come from You, through me, to them. For that to happen I humble myself before you, Lord. I ask you into my heart and home every day to bring peace so joy and happiness can flow from me to each member of my family. I pray too that You will show me how to best touch each member-Headless Dad, Girl, Boy 1 and Boy 2. Help me to read the Bible more often-to meet with you, and you clearly tell me things each time I open that Book. Help me in my daily tasks, Lord. You have called me to be a wife and mother-please help my work be quick that I may have the time to pour into my husband and children.
If this resolution strikes a chord with you, let me know. If you have any tips related to this-organization, meals, time savers, etc. please comment. I would love to have some prayer partners in this. These are, for me, lofty goals. But I know that with God's help I can do it!

No comments: