Monday, August 18, 2008

WOMM- Hair, Week 2

Welcome to Word of Mouth Monday.

Step 2 of my hair routine:


Aveda's Confixor Liquid Gel. (Click on the image to find out more about it from the Aveda site.) I fought this product for a long time. For some reason I really didn't want to like this product. My long-time stylist and friend Becky introduced me to this about 5 years ago but I didn't jump on the bandwagon until about a year ago.

If you have curly hair, or wavy hair that you like to scrunch, this.is.for.you. (I would show you a picture but I don't have one.) (For those of you that have seen my hair curly please chime in. Please?)

How I do it: Just out of the shower I use Frizz-Ease, then scrunch. (Now I do a few other things: makeup, brush teeth, whatever.) Then once the first stage is partially dry I use this gel-about a dime size, rub it in my hands, then start at the crown, paying special attention to the top layer and the ends. Scrunch as you go.

Done.

When we were in Hawaii I did this each day and I was 100% happy with my hair. Every day.

It sculpts each curl, and although it goes on a little sticky, once it is dry there is no sticky. At all. You can even wet it the next day (a little) and get a great style. 2-for-1! How can you loose? It is a little expensive but definitely worth it.

Head on over to Kelly's place to find more products that women like us love! And, do you have something that you love? Get the word out: write your own post and get it on her Mr. Linky!


Headless Mom

1 comment:

moosh in indy. said...

I could slather myself in Aveda. Have you smelled their Brilliant shampoo? It makes me drool just thinking about it.
I'm so happy when curly girls find the right cocktail for their hair. (can you guess why? Heh.)