Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Whippletree

If you have ever been to Evergreen, Colorado, you have probably been to the Whippletree restaurant. Each and every time I come to visit I have to go-at least once!


I had my first margarita ever here, and they are still as good as they were back then. (Of course I think I was 16 the first time they served me one, but that is beside the point now, right?) (Hey, I was with my mom if my memory serves me correctly!)

Unfortunately I didn't get pics of my food. (Bad blogger that I am!) After one of these I was so hungry I don't even think I took a breath until it was all gone. I order the same thing that I did all those years ago-the Chicken Flauta-and it is still as good as it always was. HB#2 couldn't believe that I ate the whole thing (they're HUGE!), and I told him that since I only get it once every 3 years I was entitled to make a pig of myself.

Pretty sound reasoning if I do say so myself.

Anyway, if you are ever in the neighborhood, it's worth the trip!


Headless Mom

6 comments:

kyooty said...

I think thats definitely pig worthy :) I was dreaming lastnight of the pizza I will get in 2wks,

Anonymous said...

I've never been there. I might have to go to Evergreen just to try it.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds great. I just love margarita, chips and salsa. I could do that all day long. Glad you had such a wonderful time.

I can't find my blog said...

Yep, ate there for lunch again today. Had the same thing-but this time only ate half and brought the rest home. Yay me!

Amazing Greis said...

Mmmmmm...I love Mexican food! And margaritas!

Keetha Broyles said...

The pictures remind me of our favorite Mexican place - - - La Charreada - - - right down to the exact same salsa dishes!