Liz at This Full House tagged me for the Completely Honest meme.
Before we get to it I have to say that I'm honored to be tagged with such an amazing group of bloggers-men and women. Seriously, to be mentioned in the same sentence as GraceD, Jenn, Busy Mom, and Mrs. Flinger, and the others is shocking to me. I'm humbled, so thanks for that, Liz.
Now, first things first. The meme is to say 10 completely honest things about me.
- I recently was 'unfriended' by someone irl (I'm not sure why,) and it really pisses me off. The only thing I can figure out is that I tell my boys to stand up for themselves-not to take any crap from anyone. Yes, even if that means resorting to some type of physical confrontation. Really, would you want a man that doesn't know how to stand up for himself? Apparently she disagrees.
- Much of my stress lately comes from a very.tight.budget. Like tighter than we've ever experienced since we've been married.
- I have a pretty big aversion to children that call adults by their first names. I was raised by southern parents and I would have been beaten if I had done that. It's Mr. and Mrs. for my kids.
- Trolls really piss me off. Why can't they just hit the little red X?
- I hate the word "freaking," (even though I occasionally use it. Honesty, right?) We all know what it means, and what you're really trying to say. I'm talking to you, teenagers and kids that think it's ok just because it isn't the whole f-word. And to you, too, adults of aforementioned children that allow your children to use that kind of language in front of other adults.
- I was date-raped as a college student. The worst part was that one of my sorority sisters didn't believe me and continued to be that guy's friend. I got some revenge though by punching him in the middle of a fraternity party a year or so later-in front of all of his brothers. It felt good.
- My first roommate in college tried to beat me up for 'trying to steal her boyfriend.' Yeah, she chose the wrong girl, and he was nasty anyway.
- As much as I initially hated going to work for a restaurant, (I had a degree and it was all I could find at the time,) I ended up loving it. The hours were perfect for a night owl like me. I had many opportunities there that I could not have gotten otherwise. Oh yeah, and I gained a husband and daughter in the deal, too.
- I can sleep almost anywhere, anytime, and have never experienced insomnia.
- I believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, that He died on the cross for our sins, and that one day He will return to rule and reign. I believe that with my whole heart and soul, and wish that I was better at sharing my testimony with others.
- Kelly and Steph-because I tag them with everything in hopes of getting them to post more often. Thank goodness they love me, or they'd hate me for tagging them so often.
- Neil and Amy-because they are two of the best writers I know, actually in person, for reals, and I love them.
- Marcy and Suz-for being my local fan club.
- My friend A from Rocks in the Wash. She and I have been friends since college and I love that we're able to keep up through our blogs now.