Five things that will be backfiring soon if I'm not careful:
- My intake of coke (the sugary liquid that comes in a bottle or can,) is getting out of control. Over the last month or so I've been tired in the afternoons with miles to go, so I've been having a coke to keep me going. Not every day, but I had gotten to where a coke was a once-a-month treat. 2-3 a week could kill my weight loss on it's own if I'm not careful.
- Halloween candy: rant: I always wait to buy candy for trick-or-treaters until the last day and don't open the bag until just before the kids begin to show up. It is the only way I can NOT eat it. HD bought 2 huge bags a week before and opened one of them. So each day I would grab one piece here, one piece there, until I had about 7 pieces on the day. The fat and calorie equivalent of a whole extra meal, not to mention the sugar! Of course we only ended up with about 5 t-or-t'ers so I'm left with that, plus the 3 lbs. + each from the boys' bags. Ugh! I wish I could just throw it all away but there would be mutiny. /rant
- Football practice is screwing with my healthy meal plan. Since I have to feed #2 by about 4 pm it's difficult to make something for him that will still be decent by 6 for everyone else, and not fall into the short-order-cook role.
- See also: less veggies with dinners. My body is craving veggies! But the kids are on a no-salad kick which makes it even more difficult to cook/prepare a whole meal for all of us that can stand up to multiple meal times and be healthy and have lots of veggies. Gah!
- Less daylight makes me want to curl up and sleep. See: less exercise. It's not even cold here, which makes me grumpy all on it's own. However, I've already ramped up my walking to help. 3 days this week I've walked for 3 miles or more at a 4 mi/hr pace. I think it's the only thing that is keeping all of these things in check.