It happens several times a year. I've got a sh*t-ton of things to do and a perceived little time in which to get them done. Currently on the To-Do list:
- Clean the kid's bedrooms, rearrange furniture, hang pictures, etc.
- Deep clean the living room. And I mean deep, since it hasn't been done since the flood. (I know. I did say paralyzed, though, didn't I?) The dust is EPIC.
- Clean and prep my room for painting. The (second to) last frontier in Operation Eradicate The Pink.
- Finish planting: the pots for the front of the house, the pots on our back patio, the front flower bed, the side "experiment" flower bed, the flower bed in the center of our front yard. (This doesn't count the other areas that need to be completely dug up and re-landscaped.)
- Get Headless Girl packed for her 6 week mission trip to Africa. (I didn't mention that? I will. I deserves a whole post on it's own.)
- Get ready for my own trip to Las Vegas next weekend.
But did you notice? Up there? I said perceived.
I am a housewife. A stay-at-home-mom. Yes, I have lots of responsibilities, but I also have a ton of freedom. Don't want to do the laundry today? No problem! It will still be there tomorrow. Would rather spend an hour surfing blogs? Hey, the dishes just phoned and they said they'll wait for you. I, literally, have all day to choose how, what, and in what order I get things done. There in lies the problem: there is so much to do, so many things calling my name, (yes, including the husband and children!,) that I have a difficult time doing ANYTHING, and I trick myself into a panic attack just thinking about all that I need to be doing. Paralyzing.
And utterly ridiculous. For the last 3 or 4 months I have been watching my husband bust his ass at work. There have been a few changes, several new projects, and more than a few new responsibilities, and here I sit thinking I'm 'paralyzed'. And that is just wrong. And selfish.
So today begins what (I hope,) will be the start of a new chapter for me. It's the last day of school for the kids, so today will be all about fun for them, but for me? I'll be starting. I'll prioritize and just START.
To hell with Paralyzed. I'm better than that and my family deserves more.