Despite following Schmutzie for years, I don't think I've ever done a GiST post. I love the idea, I love reading them from other people, and since I haven't done a 'thankful' post yet this season, today is the day! Usually Elan does 5 things but I'm going to do as many as I can. Because I can. Heh.
I am thankful for:
- my family. The existing 3 guys that live in my house, the daughter and her husband that moved away, my family of origin, all of my in-laws, and my many aunts, uncles, cousins, all of them. We're a pretty diverse bunch but we're pretty cool.
- being able to be a SAHM. This gives me the opportunity to be the mom that I want to be to my kids.
- coffee. 'Nuff said.
- and wine.
- our puppy. Libby is the best.
- friends old and new. Related:
- Facebook. Story: Thanks to Facebook I had lunch today with 2 women (and their beautiful daughters!,) that I have not seen in 22 years. For real! Because of time and distance, before the internet and FB I can't imagine that we would still be in touch. We are, thanks to FB. Crazy.
- my comfortable and warm home that has electric lighting and running hot and cold water. This is a luxury in most of the world and I cannot over look it or diminish it's importance.
- 3 meals a day. My hips might not need them but I am thankful that I don't have to wonder where my meals come from.
- having enough that we are able to give to others through multiple outlets. There are countless charities and organizations that need our dollars and hours. It is easier than ever to give back, in your backyard or around the world.
- the telephone. Yes, we have email and other social media, but there is nothing like a telephone conversation with friends or family that live far away.
- the opportunities that we are able to give our children. I feel that I was given incredible opportunities by my parents and I'm thankful that I can do the same for my kids. From education to travel, I
hopepray that we are able to continue to bless our kids in these ways.
- my partner in life, HD. In countless ways, every single day, I am thankful for him. A close friend lost her husband a few years back and ever since then I have viewed marriage and partnership in a different light. Our years are not guaranteed to us and I am thankful for every day that we have together. I hope that he knows, by words and deeds, how thankful I am for him.
- a big and powerful God. I am so thankful to serve the God of the universe by the grace of his son Jesus, there really are no words to express it. Just thankful.