Friday, January 4, 2008

The resolution intro

Everyone is posting about their resolutions for 2008. I've never been much of a resolution maker, because I'm not much of a resolution keeper. Hmph. I do, however, have a couple of things that I want to accomplish this year-for myself. (These so not include finishing the bathroom, currently under remodel, or cleaning out a closet or 2. Those things are for everyday, every year, for life. I'm talking about things FOR ME.)

1) I want to lose another 10 pounds, and keep it off. As you may know I read Carmen every day. (Link in sidebar.) She and her plan have been crucial to my success so far. I have 'sat' on a 10 lb. loss for four months. This is great-I have not been able to maintain this kind of loss since before I was married 10 years ago. Now, since I know I can do it I want to go to the next level. This will require me to make a bigger commitment to exercise than I have made in probably 15 years. I'm ready and I am willing. And I want to be in a cuter, sexier bathing suit before we go to Hawaii next summer. As far as eating and nutrition go I think that I/we made huge strides last year and that just needs to stay on track. Oh, and I really need to eat breakfast each day, at breakfast time. Not when I'm about to pass out from starvation.

2) I want to have a house that is more full of joy than ever before.

See, this is to be continued! I have a lot to say about joy, and why this is a goal for me. It has been on my heart for a long time, and I have learned that much of the joy in a household comes from the wife/mom. It is time for me to step up to the plate.

No comments: