Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Randomocity

Wow. I'm only 5 days in and I've got nothing. NaBloPoMo is already kicking my butt. Partially because I'm tired, but also because I'm sick, sick, sick of the election, the ads, the mudslinging, and I will not give in and post about it. Only a few hours to go-hopefully.

*****
I haven't done a random update on things around here lately (and I know that you are dying to know the minutae,) so here we go. Randomocity at it's finest.
  • Fall has finally arrived in Southern California. We have rain, cool breezes, sweatshirts, and jeans. I am a happy camper.
  • It also makes me very, very tired. The desire to crawl into bed is strong, my friends.
  • The whining during homework is of epic proportions from one child. Every day. So capable, JUST DO IT, already! (And you people wonder why I drink wine...)(Mmmm, think I'll go pour a glass, come to think of it!)
  • HG came home to vote and they had run out of stickers. I think that was the only reason she wanted to vote-the sticker and Starbucks. (Just kidding, but she was disappointed.)
  • Headless Dad is having shoulder surgery later in the month. About a week before Thanksgiving. That ought to be fun. He's had shoulder surgery once before so at least we know what we are in for. It's not pretty.
  • I am thoroughly disappointed with my football teams this year. Rumor has it that Fullmer (UT head coach) will resign after the season is over. I've been a loyal fan, but it is time I think. I just want to win, Vols, and so far it ain't happenin' much this year. Let's not even talk about the Broncos. It's just too painful.
  • I can't wait for my pal Kelly to come to visit! We always laugh a lot when we're together. I'm going to have to make time to blog while she's here but hopefully the laughter will make for some good blog fodder.
  • I love that even though we don't agree on much politically, AmyinOhio and I can agree on this. Any one listening? There ARE things to agree on around here!
  • Does anyone else want to pull out their eyelashes one by one when they have to do flash cards with their kids? My new favorite thing to hate.
  • I am having a really hard time remembering some things. For instance, I really need to make an appointment with the eye doctor but I always forget during the day. I remember when I'm in the middle of cooking. Or sleeping. Not so conducive to list making.
  • I am really looking forward to hearing where BlogHer '09 is going to be. I'm really hoping to go, but it's all about location, location, location.
  • I also really, really want to go to this speaker/writers conference. I don't know how I'll swing both.
  • I also really want to spend a big chunk of time in Colorado this summer. That, I can do. All I have to do is get there-stay with Mom and Dad, make a few phone calls to line up some 'entertainment', and-done. I really can't wait. It's been 2 years since I've been there and I'm going through serious withdraw.
  • I really think that it is time for a strong, viable third party to emerge. (See, even I can't leave the politics alone.) Neither party seems to be doing so well in really representing the people. I hope everyone reading this voted, but there needs to be more choices in candidates-for all levels of government, but especially for national offices.
  • This list is too long. If you promise to go visit the Compassion Blogs, I'll call it a day. OK?
I promised mediocrity, and I have delivered.

Headless Mom

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they should have Blogher in Colorado so I can go too....

Sam said...

Randomocity rules! You actually got a decent post out of just writing about what's going on in your life and your mind. Keep that up. It's easy! Maybe strive for one or two content-ful posts per week, but the idea is just to write and keep writing.

Good on ya. :)

headless girl :] said...

yay voting...boo no sticker..
i was so sad..

Anonymous said...

that writing conference sounds RIGHT up your alley!! I really think you MUST get there it is so perfect for you!

I look so forward to being blog fodder for you. We'll have to make some really good memories while I'm there....that is between taking care of HD...drinking wine and partying!

Anonymous said...

I agree that it will be a welcome relief today to NOT hear a political ad. I hope that your day today was a bit sunnier!

Anonymous said...

You're gonna dislike me for this, but I am really hoping BlogHer '09 is on the east coast. I know I know. But what can I say? I'm in New England. I'm not even sure I'm going to feel up to going, but I can hope.

And yeah, you're totally right about the third party. Although with the American attention span being what it is, I don't know if we can focus long enough to handle a third party?