Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Questions, and maybe, Answers

A while back on the blog's Facebook page my darling daughter asked these questions: 

What makes you happy? What do you dream about? What makes you get up in the morning and keep doing what you do? What makes you feel most ALIVE?---Headless girl
When I first read that, my initial answer was "Nothing," (pretty much to all of it,) but now that I've had the chance to stew on it for a while I think I can answer. 


What makes you happy?

Hearing my children laugh. Snuggling with Headless Dad on a cold winter's night. Being in the Colorado mountains. Being on a warm beach, preferably in Hawaii. Losing 5 lbs., (ok, or 10.) Cooking a meal that everyone loves. Having a clean house. Money in the bank. Red wine.

What do you dream about?

Here's where I can actually say nothing, as long as you're asking about actual dreams while I'm sleeping. I rarely dream, and when I do they are quite bizarre and I don't usually remember them. OH! You meant dream as in "Some-day-maybe-never-but-something-that-would-be-better-than-awesome-if-it-ever-happened", right? Aaah, ok. Moving back to Colorado. Having lots of money in the bank and to be able to help others with it. Getting a shiny new car. Putting in a pool. Interestingly enough, getting hardwood floors used to be on this list!

What makes you get up in the morning and keep doing what you do?

Coffee. And the threat of being arrested if my kids don't show up for school. (Just kidding!)


What makes you feel most ALIVE?

This one stumps me. I mean, breathing makes you feel alive, right? I don't have something that is my passion like hiking, or surfing, or running, or some other hobby that people say "If I couldn't do _____ then I'd be lost." I guess I'd like to, but I honestly don't. 

So there you have it, Headless Girl. The answers to your questions.


If any of you would like to take on her questions, leave me the link and I'll come visit to see what you have to say!
Headless Mom

2 comments:

kyooty said...

getting hardwood floors...must behave must be have... family blog, must be have... :p


I like your lists, they sound reasonable and not pie in the sky at all.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Good questions and great answers.
Oh my, I forgot to txt you yesterday about bowling. How did it go?