Friday, April 15, 2011

It's Too Bad They Didn't Have Fun

And if you believe that, I've got some ocean front property to sell you.

My boys banging it up in the bumper cars.
It's been a long day, friends. After I posted that we were going I had some work to do. I decided to eradicate another room of the PINK and, of course, I have to do it this week. (Well, we got the tile in and since the dryer is dead and no longer in the house, we I have plenty of room to get the laundry room painted. I even told my contractor not to put the door back on so that I don't just close it and forget. I walk by that room a hundred times a day, if I do it once, and for once a 'get-it-done' strategy is working. Albeit slow, but getting there, nonetheless.) So I slapped a coat of primer up on those awful pink walls. (And yes, it will take another coat or 2 before I can put my color up But! It looks awesome already!)

Once I had showered and gotten dressed I ran down to the school at 11 to get the boys. They had NO IDEA. It was awesome. Once they both made it to the office they were dying with curiosity! I asked them what they thought we were going to be doing and #1 actually thought he might have a dentist appointment, and #2 was just confused. If you don't know my boys these thoughts about what we were doing are e.x.a.c.t.l.y like them. #1 over-thinks and #2 just goes with the flow.

We had to come home for a few minutes to drop their stuff and to grab my stuff and lunch, but we were out the door in less than 30 minutes. Amazing what a little motivation will get you.

Anyhow, we were at the park by around 12:30, got our passes, and were on our first roller coaster by 1 or so.

Funny story: My boys are not really roller coaster riders. There seems to be a year that it clicks with most kids and this is definitely it for #1, for sure, and maybe #2 as well. They have never been on anything more crazy than the Matterhorn or the Log Ride, and were super nervous. So what did we do? We rode the Ghostrider first. ((The link has stats.)) Thank goodness we got on too fast for them to think about it too much because they may not have gotten on it if they had. Both of them emerged with giant grins and remarked that they loved it. Surprised?

Honestly, I think that it was a good thing that it closed at 6 pm tonight because by 5 we were wiped out, and when we got on the road at 5:30 it took us an hour and 20 minutes to get home. (Yes, it was more than double the drive home with traffic. Stupid SoCal traffic.)

That was a good day, my friends. And now I'm going to fall face-first into my pillow. Roller coasters are exhausting, yo.

Headless Mom

5 comments:

Rocks In The Wash said...

How exciting for the boys! I wished we lived close to an amusement park; our boys are roller coaster junkies!

Years ago when they were little we took them to LegoLand and they've loved amusement parks ever since.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You got a lot done before you left to pick them up. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. I love roller coasters. I went on a few of them with my great nieces a few years ago. I bet you will be spending a lot of time there this summer.

Cap'n Sam said...

Too bad y'all "Didn't Have any FUN" !!!
Sounds like a Great Day !!!!

HolyMama! said...

coolest! mom! ever!

HolyMama! said...

coolest! mom! ever!