Thursday, June 7, 2012

Phoning it in

Isn't that what 'they' call it these days when you have to do something but have no motivation to do it?

I'm tired, y'all. There is no real reason to be tired. I'm rested. We're not nearly as busy as we were a couple of weeks ago. Yet, still, tired.

*****

I wrote something for Draft Day Suit a couple of days ago that you could check out. Or not.

*****

I may be taking the kids out of town for a couple of days next week. Just moms and kids. I'll let you know.

*****

HB#2 and his Weblos den are having a garage sale next weekend and I can.not.wait to get the crap out of my house and garage. I have at least a half dozen bags in the upstairs hallway full of clothes and shoes, and another (at least) 4 boxes in the garage. I've got to clear out my closet again, and HD's closet, maybe the kitchen cabinets? and our bar area could use a good cleaning out too. No. Not the vodka. Just some mismatched glassware or the coloring books that my kids NEVER touched?

The cool thing about this sale is that it should completely pay for our family camp out in a couple of weeks, and most of the Sea World trip that we'll take in the fall. The Sea World trip is really cool. We get to have a private tour through the park in the evening and then spend the night. The boys sleep in the shark tank!  (Ok, it's in the tunnel under the shark tank, but still.) And the adults get to sleep on the concrete floor. Oh well, at least the kids have fun. They feed us well, and after the morning session we can stay in the park all day. I was able to go with HB#1 a few years ago and the boys really loved it. It's pricey, but worth it. Thus, the monster garage sale!

*****

Enough of phoning it in. I'm hitting the hay. 'Night, y'all!

Headless Mom

5 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That Sea World trip sounds awesome!
Also a trip with kids and moms. Best of luck with the garage sale.

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

Heh, sounds like a movie: Sleepless in the Shark Tank. Good luck with the sale!

kyooty said...

Happy Sales! :) I hope it goes well.

IzzyMom said...

Our Girl Scout troop had a yard sale a couple weeks ago. We made $800!

IzzyMom said...

Oh, duh, I meant to add that, speaking of Sea World, we're using our yard sale proceeds to help pay for a GS trip to Discovery Cove to swim with dolphins! Enjoy sleeping with sharks :)