Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Getting Back On The Horse

I'm having such trouble lately with what to write here. I might think of something as I'm drifting off to sleep or while driving to one of the kids' activities but when the cursor blinks I go blank. Even a funny story that should be easy to recall seems to be only laughter with no story. I guess the blog matches my mental dialogue lately. I wish I could blame it on the weather... like the first winter that I lived in Knoxville, Tennessee and it was so grey that I literally could.not.stand.it. So I quit college. (True story.) (I went back and graduated. Just not in Knoxville.) It's crazy that I feel this way in a winter full of sunny days and the mercury reading 75. 75 is no kind of winter. I know that so many of you are dreaming of days this warm and would trade places with me in a New York minute. I guess I feel silly saying that I'm down. There are so many that have it worse than I do.

So that's why I'm just writing. I need to write now; it's gotten in my blood. There may be some doozy posts to follow-silly, nonsensical, rambling, but I need to do it. I want to do it. Feel free to kick me if I don't write. Keep me going until I can kick myself, ok?

3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It may not be their Winter but this time of year, even though it may be warm sometimes, it can still be kinda blah outside. I'm sure your missing your football too! You will bloom in the Spring for sure...........

Rocks In The Wash said...

Oh, what I would give for a sunny day and 75 degree weather right now! We've had so much snow and very cold temperatures that I'm ready for anything warm! Not to worry, Spring is just around the corner!

Anonymous said...

I love reading here....understand the blah's. Hang in there...you deserve a little "breather" after the fall, football, holidays...and everything you have had on your plate this year so far! Plus having a teen in the house is it's own dynamic...sigh. Ann W.