Monday, August 19, 2013

OK, OK, Maybe I Don't Hate August

I just really, really dislike how busy I am every August. Coming off the relaxing months of June and July, can you really blame me for over reacting? Here are just a few things that I'm busy with this month:

  • Kids have school.
  • School means homework.
  • Football practice 5 days a week.
  • Football scrimmages on the weekends.
  • Music lessons 2 days a week.
  • Keeping up with insurance paperwork.
  • Dejunking the downstairs of the house. (Organizing not included.)
  • Wedding details.
  • The regular stuff: laundry, cooking. Why do my family members insist on clean clothes and eating every.single.day?
  • Gardening: including planting flowers and watering them daily. Oh. And the grass too. 
  • Writing checks to the school for PE clothes, yearbooks, and school pictures.
Did I mention that HD has been working crazy hours and has, quite literally, only been home to sleep? So I'm doing all of this largely alone right now.

I know I'm being a drama queen about all of this. I know that all (most!) of you are going through the same stuff. I just need a little sympathy so I know that I'm not the only one feeling this way!

1 comment:

kyooty said...

I love August, really I know september is coming but here it's still summer mode. I love summer mode.