Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Bowling for Dollars

My mom was always on a bowling league (still is), and now that I'm a wife and mom I'm on one too. It's been 9 years, and I really love it. Bowling is great exercise-3 hours, a little weight lifting, muscle control, balance, stand up/sit down at least 30 times. It is NOT highly aerobic, but a good bowling session can burn about 216 calories per hour (for a person that is about 150 lb.). 3 hours times 216=648 calories. Not bad for a sport that you can also chat with your friends, do in the cold or heat of any season, and not need to be good to enjoy it.

It also gives me a great reason to go to Las Vegas once a year with out Headless Dad and Kids. Although, the ratio of calories burned vs. calories drank in Vegas is not quite as low as it is at home. Go figure.

The dollars come in during the 50/50 drawing each week. I won this week, for a whopping $22. More than I came in with!

(Calorie info from US Bowler magazine, Winter 07-08)

No comments: