Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another One Bites The Dust

Most of you know of my love of the red wine. Equal is the love of my red wine glasses. Otherwise I would have to drink it out of the bottle, and that's just not right. 23 oz. balloon goblets from Crate and Barrel, circa 1997. We got a whole dozen of these babies for our wedding-they matched the dozen champagne, white wine and brandy glasses that we also received. Of course when we got them they weren't BROKEN!

Over the years I've broken 9 of them. This one on December 15th. *sigh*

Crate and Barrel, as far as I can find, does not sell these any more. I'm getting desperate.

And very careful.


Headless Mom

7 comments:

meandmom said...

Oh do I understand your plight! I was given a set of four of the most beautiful globe wine glasses and I only have 2 left.....good thing there are usually only 2 wine drinkers at my house! ;)

Keetha said...

When I read your title, I thought you'd be talking about the Eagles and the Ravens.

Headless Mom said...

Could have been, Keetha!

The Glamorous Life (Wino division) said...

Alcohol and being careful just don't mix very well for me. I have fancy smancy glasses I keep in the cabinet. And we drink wine out of Cost Plus glasses. They are just as beautiful and at $4.00 each (approx) I don't cry over the one I WILL break when I am toasting/cleaning/dropping!

Sam said...

Maybe not what you're looking for, but might be worth the investment.... :)

http://www.wineenthusiast.com/fusion-classic-pinot-noir-wine-glasses-(set-of-4).asp

Shannanb aka mommy bits said...

Sto be going around this week. My son broke my favorite lamp and I can't find it online to replace it. Wine glasses are always so fragile. All 12 would be goners by now if at our house!

kyooty said...

I had a setof 8 pretty blue frosted wine glasses, they all broke! my cat got up on the very top of my cupboards, and crash crash crash!!! they were a wedding gift, I"m still bummed 13yrs later, because blue was my favorite color