Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tagged

Just Breathe tagged me for the 6x6 photo meme. I usually can't participate in these because of the headlessness factor, but this one turned out ok.



This is of the Vacation Bible School that my kids have attended for the last 3 years (4 years?). It's not at our church (ours is 20 min. away, this one is 5,) but the kids have local friends there and it was from 9-noon every day. I loved this VBS. They loved this VBS. The themes were fun, the skits and sets were really amazing, the adult leaders and teenage volunteers were all great. The price was right ($15 per kid). This picture was taken on the last day when the kids perform all of their songs for the parents and the teen volunteers do the play that they have been doing for the kids. You can see the 'castle' set and one of my kids is actually in this picture. Yes, I know the pic is terrible. Why do you think that I've never posted it before?

This year they have changed it and my kids won't be attending. HB#1 will be going to sleep over camp with our church the week that they have it. HB#2 doesn't want to go so we have bought Angels tickets for that week so he has something to look forward to, as well.

And the most aggravating part? They changed it to be from 5-8 pm. Uh, that's why we chose this VBS-because it was in the daytime!!!!! How are us SAHM's supposed to have some time to ourselves and entertain our kids during summer days if every.stinking.camp. is moved to the evenings? Our church has always had it at night and we're usually out of town anyway, so my kids have never gone to ours.

The rules:
1) Go to your photo files
2) Pick the sixth folder (open)
3) Pick the 6th photo
4) Write a story about the photo
5) Tag six people

I'll tag: Kyooty Center, Something Funny (maybe this will be innocuous enough for her to participate in?), Serenity Now! (Same goes for Steph,), Tell Me About It, Amazing Greis (one of my BlogHer roomies!), and The Sweet Life (my other BlogHer roomie!).

Tag on, Girls!


Headless Mom

7 comments:

kyooty said...

Wow! I'll see what I can come up with :)
Thanks!

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

Thank you! I was at a loss as to what to post, so I'll get right on that. Woo!

Amazing Greis said...

TOTES posted my picture and tagged 6 unsuspecting souls.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you for participating. I've been following The Sweet Life and I will following Amazing Greis so I can get to know your roomies in Chicago. Have fun. I will follow the others to and I do follow Serenity Now. Thanks again!

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

I agree with you about the VBS hours. My daughter is going to "Firefly" camp that goes from 5:30-almost 10 pm. It messes up dinner time and makes for a cranky girl in the morning. Also, now that I'm back at work, how does it help with childcare in any way?

Auds at Barking Mad said...

How on earth are you guys supposed to have any sort of family dinner? Do they feed the kids?

That's just strange to me. When I was a kid, and when my twins were VBS age, it was always either 9AM to 1PM or 2PM to 5PM.

Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks for playing the game of "tag" since I'm pretty sure I was PART of the circuitous route by which YOU were tagged!!!

:-)