It's the little things that make the holiday, right? Every family ends up with their own traditions that make it unique. I know that in general, our Christmases look pretty similar to those of my family growing up. I do love the little things that we do that make it different, though. Like these:
- Baking sugar cookies on Christmas Eve eve, then decorating them on Christmas Eve for Santa. Dude gets tons of cookies here.
- Jingle bells on the front door and garage door handles. Drives HD CRAZY. But I love it that I can hear bells consistently, but not constantly, throughout the holidays.
- My growing collection of Nativities. I have the Little People, Willow Tree, a heart set, a small 2 piece set, and now 2 from Malawi. Well, HG gets one of those but for now they are both in the front hall.
- My Christmas dishes. They will probably stay in the cupboard this year unless I get really productive this weekend. They are pretty, green trees with pink accents. Different than the Spode pattern that everyone and their brother has.
- Candied Pecans. My mother started this so I guess it's not new, really, but all of my local friends and their husbands start bugging me for them about this time of year.