Some of you may have never heard of this city before, many of you have. If you're from the LA area then you know that the once thriving city is now struggling under the weight of homelessness, drug addiction, and poverty.
Todd Construction wants to change all of that. The owner, Glenn Todd and his wife Carrie have a heart for Pomona and are looking to break through some of the obstacles that the residents face. Enter Hope Pavilion.
The vision is for Hope Pavilion to be a place where the homeless, youth aging out of foster care, under-employed, and other at-risk people can get culinary job training, access to health care and housing, entry level jobs, and other counseling to get on their feet, ultimately benefiting themselves and the larger community of Pomona and the Pomona Valley.
"Sounds great Headless Mom, but what has that got to do with me?"
Todd Construction has applied for a $250,000 Chase Mission Main Street Grant for the seed funding for the program. Here's where you, my lovely readers, come in. We need your votes! The applications are considered by the committee only after a minimum of 250 votes.
- Visit the Chase Mission Main Street website.
- Click on Vote. Enter "Todd Construction" in the search box.
- It may ask you to connect with Facebook but they guarantee that they do not store your information for any other purpose than the voting process.
- Click "Vote"
If you want to do more, here are some ideas:
- Help us get more votes by sharing this post with your friends via email, Twitter, Facebook, and anywhere else you are online. Voting is open through November 15 so please don't be shy about sharing. Remember, Hope Pavilion will only be considered for the grant if there are a minimum of 250 votes.
- When you share on social media please use the hashtag #HopePavilion so we can be sure to thank you for your help!
- If you are in Southern California and have a specialty that you would be able to contribute to the project please contact Glenn Todd, President, CEO Todd Construction, 1206 Price St. Pomona, CA. 91767, Office ph# (909) 469-6242, email@example.com
- Prayer. This project needs prayer warriors, just like Pomona needs them. Prayers are always accepted.
Just so you know, Carrie and Glenn are friends of ours. We went to church together for years. Glenn and Headless Dad have worked together on actual professional projects. Our kids are friends. Carrie has been featured on this blog before for her amazing artwork. Please know that I would never feature a project like this that I didn't believe in. I'm not asking for your money, only a vote so they can be considered for a grant. Thanks!