Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pinterest

Are you following me on Pinterest? You could, ya know.

I have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest. I love it because there is lots to see. It is built to inspire! All those yummy meals, cute Halloween costumes, funny eCards, delish drinks, inspiration for my next remodel projects-What's not to love, you may ask?

THE.DIY.PROJECTS. My Lord, I am so not crafty. A few of my boards might leave you to believe otherwise, but I'm here to confirm that, Yes, I do suck at crafts. And why are all of the DIY people showing up in my stream? I don't follow them. (I can't handle the shame. Why can't I be crafty?!) But yet they're still there, mocking me with their gold-painted, glue-gunned, patch-worked, hand-made cuteness.

Halloween is especially brutal for me. I'm not a big fan of that 'holiday' anyway, and going on Pinterest just proves that I'm the worst mother ever because I don't sew clever costumes for my kids. Or make healthy banana/ghost treats for the classroom. Or make a Witch's Brew punch for the most.awesome.party.ever held at my perfectly decorated home.

There needs to be a Pinterest for moms like me. Or at least a board of subjects like "How to hide that weeks-old dust on your wineglasses" and "Dressing to cover the stain on your favorite shirt". Now those are boards that I would be useful for me!

No comments: