Monday, April 21, 2008

You Asked For It, You Got It *

*Otherwise known as the Post-Prom Report

So many of you asked that I couldn't just let my internet peeps hanging...

The prom was fun.

That is just about all she said about it. Really.

She did add: She took 2 pictures all night, one of which is a picture of her and another girl in the same dress. HG looked better. (I never saw the other picture.)

She had chicken fried steak for dinner, because nothing screams fancy prom dinner more than pounded beef that's floured and fried.

They went to the pier and beach after the dance. They were hungry so they had an assortment of hot dogs, onion rings and fries.

They got lost in a bad neighborhood coming home, dropped off the other kids, and she got home about 3 am.

That's all I've gotten so far. I remember that after an event like that I would talk for DAYS, and my mother would then know every.stinkin'.detail, except for maybe exactly how much booze I ingested. (Because, you know, I thought she didn't know. I was so wrong. Love ya Mom!) I realize now that she probably wanted her head to explode so she wouldn't have to listen to any more of "So-and-So's dress looked like this, and her date's tux looked like this and she said "This" then he said "This" and then this other girl that was wearing that said "That" and her date left her at the dance and she got a ride from another so-and-so and.......

I was all about the details.

As for those of you who mentioned the limo-fret not! The limo-girl drama went something like this: Many weeks ago they started looking for a limo. Their group size fluctuated. They decided to join another group. They decided to take someone's Suburban. They decided to get a limo. They needed a bigger limo. They couldn't afford it. Someone's date's rich father decided to pay for most of it. They fought over how many people could ride in it. They couldn't be squished. They all decided to pay more so there would be no more drama. HG said 'screw this' and decided to branch off and take our Land Cruiser. They joined the group again. They all got mad again. Ultimately, HG took my minivan with 2 other couples, Friend of HG took said Suburban, and RichBoy and girlfriend took 12-seater limo alone. Done. (Warning to all of you with girls-The Drama? It Is Exhausting. I suggest large amounts of liquid refreshment, or heavy sedation.)

Anyhoo, I have to ask y'all to go back to that post and read the comments. Kelly, one of my oldest friends on the planet, (she's not old, we've just been friends for-evah), left the neatest comment. It really made me smile, and laugh, and really wish that we lived closer. I think you'll enjoy it too. Go, already!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I want to know more about the cult that Kelly mentioned.....

Sam said...

Chicken fried steak? Pfff.... We had Pizza Hut for Senior prom dinner, because we thought it'd be a hoot. But it was tasty. And we even had the prom king with us in our bench-seat limo. :) And it took years for people to know where I was after prom.

Sounds like they had fun. Good for them. Booooo to drama.

Capt'n Sam said...

So where were you after prom? the prom king's tux was on a chair in our living room!!! And yeah, HM, what about the cult? I'm old and don't remember who you went to prom with.

I'm so happy that HG had a good time. She looked beautiful, as usual!

HGma

Capt'n Sam said...

So where were you after prom? the prom king's tux was on a chair in our living room!!! And yeah, HM, what about the cult? I'm old and don't remember who you went to prom with.

I'm so happy that HG had a good time. She looked beautiful, as usual!

HGma

Sam said...

I'll tell you sometime offline.... :)

Keetha Broyles said...

I don't remember if this was a prom or not - - - but our youngest daughter went to McDonalds to PRETEND to be a waitress for a friend of hers and his date - - - you know, he brought her in all dressed up, seated her, Korie took their order and served them.

I thought that was rather a creative "date" idea.

Sam said...

Keetha - Very cute idea!

For our "Continuation dance" (going from 9th grade on to high school), one of my friends dad dressed up as a chauffeur and drove us out to dinner at the Chart House in his BMW, then to the dance. We pulled up at the dance and there was a huge crowd out front. We all piled out and my friend's dad got out, opened our doors and then stood with his cap tipped. My friend took out a HUGE wad of cash (that his dad had given him beforehand) and rifled through it and plopped it in the cap. Friend's dad put the cap on, got in and drove away.

We all walked in with the huge crowd and I was laughing to see all the "popular" kids in limos start arriving with nobody to see them. :D

Anonymous said...

"and her date left her at the dance and she got a ride from another so-and-so and......."

Did you have to mention that? Now the internet knows and B*** will read this (once he puts his 8 kids to bed) and know that C**** drove me home! I was in heaven that day since I had a crush on C**** since 7th grade!

Glad WE never had ANY drama! bwahahahahaha!

Oh and I think it would be nice if you explained to Karen about the cult...unless you want me to! ;)

I can't find my blog said...

First of all, the whole 'detail' thing was a dramatization of sorts-no specific instance was inferred. Having said that, I now realize that it does sound similar to our Jr. prom....Kelly, you weren't the only one who got a ride home with someone other than your date. (And no, I won't say specifically here except to say that it was a ride directly home, no more, no less.) But didn't we find out that T & B fell asleep in the conversion van that we went in, and when they woke up they couldn't believe we had left?

Anyway, as far as the cult goes-I honestly don't remember what it is specifically except that his wife is now kept on a very short leash. Kelly, you'll have to help me out with that one!

Anonymous said...

Let's just put it this way, the cult believes strongly in the "obey" part of love and obey. Something neither of us would EVER be a part of! he he Oh and just for the record I went straight home too! Such good girls!

I have such respect for HG and her super mature handling of the drama, I can only hope to raise such a darling young lady!

Sam said...

I have such respect for HG and her super mature handling of the drama, I can only hope to raise such a darling young lady!

You said it, Kelly. I'm hoping the same thing times two for me. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I am craving chicken fried steak.

Glad HG had a good time. I bet details will emerge in the weeks (years?) to come.