Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just Curious- Favorite Dinner Answers

Mmmmmm. You all have GREAT favorite dinners. Last week was a ploy to help me to get out of my cooking funk. It really helped.

To recap:

  • 5 of you still crave Chicken and Dumplin's.
  • 2 Mac and Cheese votes.
  • 3 had some kind of mashed potatoes and gravy on their list.
  • 5 votes total for some kind of lasagne/pasta.
Wow. We're a bunch of carb and starch lovers, aren't we? No wonder I'm having trouble with these last 5 or 10 pounds!

My favorites included many of the things that were on the list already. My Granny's Chicken and Dumplin's-The best in the world. Maw Maw's lasagne was great-like Dad said, must have been the American cheese because I've never tasted anything like it before or since. Mom's meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans was always my hands-down, all-time favorite meal at home. Luckily, I have the recipe and my kids request it as much as I used to! I frequently make it for all 3 kids' birthdays- which is sometimes twice in one week! Anything for my kids, right?

I did make meatloaf last week, and I always make double so we have enough for sandwiches. We ended up having leftovers (See Mary? Leftovers! That 30 days of Nothing really helped!) Although no one got sandwiches this time since we got 2 dinners out of it. Tomorrow I am trying Shannon's recipe for Chicken and Dumplings. It was her grandmother's recipe and sounds a lot like Granny's, so I'm hopeful that I can do it justice. I'll let you know how it goes.

Programming note: I'm suspending "Just Curious" for a few weeks to answer everyone's questions from this post. If you haven't asked your question yet, you still have time! Thank you all for participating in both. If you have an interesting idea for a "Just Curious" question, let me know-I'm all ears.

Headless Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what about a just curious....favorite family traditions?