Thursday, January 27, 2011

Have you ever tried to write, or do chores or even think when workers are in your house? Oy. Right now I have a train of thought but rest assured that it will be broken by a saw or a sander or the fire alarm going off. Bear with me through the randomness.

We're getting the stairs done today. Finally. And the baseboards. Yay! I will finally have some sense of normalcy again. However. We're going to have to bust a move to get tile and carpet in so they can come back and do the rest of the baseboards in the downstairs. Details, details. I have a much more relaxed feeling about the whole thing right now. Eh, whenever. (Remind me of this in 2 weeks when I start freaking out about it again, ok?)

I'm hugely jealous of all of you at Blissdom. I've wanted to go since the first year and may just have to make time to do it next year. Oh yeah, and put it in the budget so I can afford it, too. It's the one conference that seems so laid back and friendly. (Not that BlogHer isn't fun, it just seems so high-energy in comparison.) The juggling of time though? That is going to be the kicker. It's really hard for me to get away during school, and Jan/Feb always seems like a really busy time for Headless Dad. Remember last year when he was gone for about 6 weeks straight for work? Yeah, that happens without any notice so I will really have to have a back up plan.

My annual trip to Vegas is coming up in June and I'm starting to plan for it. I'm not sure if HD is going this year so it may just be a girl's weekend, which is equally fun! We'll have to look at the baseball schedule to see if we'll really be in playoffs, which I suspect will be true.

AAAGH! IT STARTED AGAIN!

Where was I?

Even though the boys have no sports going on right now, we have been so busy with other activities. (Mostly scouts.) Did I tell you here that HB#1 achieved Arrow of Light in Cub Scouts? We're really proud of him. Now he's moving on to Boy Scouts. Which is great and all, but what it really says is "Hey! Your kid is growing up!" (Wanna know why it says that? Boy Scout troops have 11-18 year olds in them. 18!!! My baby is 11, in the 5th grade, and now he will be hanging out, for a couple of hours a week, with boys that are almost men. In many ways I think it will be really good for him, and I won't hold him back, but MAH BAYBEEEE!

OK. Well, I'm going to head out to grab some lunch in a non-circular saw location. Thanks for bearing with me, random and all.
Headless Mom

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So glad that your house is getting back to order. I can't wait to see it. Congratulations to HB#1 on his Arrow of Light!